Tuesday 5 November 2013

It's been 18 weeks!





I've decided to share my experience of being pregnant with my first child with those who might learn from it. It's been 18 weeks 3 days, yes I'm counting the days! Being pregnant for the first time is said to be an incredible experience, well I wouldn't term mine 'incredible', I probably had all the disadvantages of being pregnant, from morning sickness (mine was all day) I couldn't retain anything, even water! I was so sick I could barely stand during my first trimester but with series of drips and injections I regained energy, and off course the support of my wonderful husband and parents. Due to my morning sickness, I've been off my full time job for months, I just can't imagine going through the stress of commuting within Lagos every week day.

At 18 weeks, morning sickness is gone! I've even passed through the 'craving' stage, and guess what I was craving - Marcopolo special fried rice! which isn't exactly pocket friendly but I had to eat. I had it at least twice a week (thanks to my husband). Then there was a time all I drank was malt, not any malt, it had to be Malta Guinness. Now I can make my own meals, as long as it's spicy, I'm good.

I'm excited to meet my little one, I don't know the gender yet...


1 comment: